Thursday, May 9, 2019

Body Pump


When I started attending Body Pump classes at the gym more than a year ago, I had no idea how much the classes and the people would change my life.  Not only did I find myself growing stronger physically, but I met a whole new circle of people who became my friends and my encouragers.


Then Olivia started going with me, and our relationship blossomed.  Only ten minutes in the van each way gave us twenty minutes of uninterrupted time to talk, and the shared experience of pushing ourselves physically pulled our hearts a little bit closer, too.  That girl has pushed me to keep lifting a little bit more!  (We got our fabulous matching shirts here.)


We are grieving the loss of this new family we've discovered.  Fellow classmates who have taught us about endurance and perseverance.  Instructors who have helped bring me out of some really bad habits (like popping copious amounts of ibuprofen) and strengthened my body for our return to the Solomon Islands.


I'm so grateful for these people and for the technology to stay in touch across the Pacific Ocean.

No comments: