Saturday, February 22, 2020

Packing Up

At 9:00 this morning, Aaron called from the wharf to say that the Lavucy (I've been spelling it wrong all along!) was indeed headed to the Russells tonight.  So here's a look at our day and the many ways God has blessed...


A friend who will literally give you the socks off her feet.  I thought I was going to sleep in this morning, so I packed up my exercise clothes yesterday.  But my body clock woke me up on the normal alarm schedule.  When it came time to dress for my walk with Roxanne, I couldn't find any socks.  So my sweet friend pulled the cute socks off her own feet (she had a pair of compression socks to wear) so we could have one last chance to move and chat together.


Our lovely hardboiled eggs are ready for the ship, lovingly decorated by Katherine.  These eggs are Aaron and me.  I think they will bring a smile to my tired face tomorrow morning when my sleep deprived self eats breakfast on the boat.


One last video chat with our college kids.  Oh, how I love and miss those two.  Yay for technology!


A date.  Getting away just the two of us is so rare.  But today, somehow, we had the time.  I hadn't realized just how much we needed to talk about some of the big things on our plate right now.



Then it was time to load all of those red boxes, and our SITAG family showed up big.  Everything was quickly loaded,


and we jumped in the truck with our girls in the back.  I think all MKs must love riding in the backs of trucks.


We found our ship and loaded it quickly with all of the helping hands.  Roxanne and I climbed aboard and explored the ship.  We struck up a conversation with one of the guys, and then discovered that he was the captain!  When he found out we were with Bible translation, he told us he was from Gela and mentioned our friend, Taylor, who is the translation advisor for that project.


We piled back in the truck, and Aaron went to check in with the crew before we left. That's when he discovered that the ship wasn't going all the way to Marulaon Village.  So he came back to the truck, we started praying, and he went back to ask the captain to reconsider.  Thankfully, the captain was generous and agreed to go a little bit farther and drop us off.

We still feel like we are serving as the broken, and in just a few hours (should be around 5 a.m.Central Daylight Savings Time on Saturday morning) , we'll be pulling out of the wharf for another couple of months in the village.  We appreciate your prayers (and your emails!) and look forward to how God is going to work during this next trip!


No comments: