Thursday, December 30, 2010

Marulaon Welcome

Sunday morning, December 12, must have been the day that everybody in Honiara decided to travel out to the Western Solomons. After waiting for an hour on a standing-room-only Bikoi, all of the passengers headed to the Russell Islands (including Aaron, Katherine, and my parents) were moved off of the Bikoi and onto the newly acquired Bikoi Express. What a gift from the Lord! We were surprised to see the Express pull into Marulaon a little early (I had just finished cleaning the kitchen - whew!). This was the welcoming party that met my parents.
Monday, after our guests had settled in, we took them on a tour of the village. I was thankful Mama brought her camera along.

Olivia with some of her friends


Choate kids in a frangipanni tree


Sweet sisters


Some of the guys just hanging out on the beach with the canoes


Barnabas making me crack up


One of our neighbors relaxing in a hammock (makes you want to come visit, doesn't it?)

Katherine checking my hair for lice just for fun (she learned from her neighbors)


Mama whacking a coconut, and she's really good at it!

1 comment:

The dB family said...

I am greatly enjoying the photos your mom took!

Blessings!
Deborah