Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Oklahoma City: Race Day


Sunday morning dawned rainy, windy, and COLD! Aaron left early for his race, while the kids and I prepared for the Kids' Marathon. By the time the races began, the rain had subsided, but the wind was still bitterly cold. Thankfully, our friends loaned us some extra jackets.
I was so proud of my crew as they joined 2500 other kids in the race. I wish I had taken the camera, but with no strollers allowed and Katherine on my hip I'm not sure I could have taken pictures anyway. I was in awe as we came to the bottom of the hill and looked up - all we could see were runners! What an amazing feeling to be part of something so big. Aaron said there were about 16,000 adults participating. I can't describe how proud I am of my husband for honoring God with his body, tackling such a monumental task, and finishing the race.
After some sweet fellowship with our friends, we headed home that afternoon with a tired and somewhat cranky bunch. My sweet Benjamin came to the rescue by singing to and playing with Katherine. She would scream until he sang to her, then she would calm down and listen. Benjamin was certainly in his element!

Thanks for your prayers as we sought to "love the Lord our God with all our strength" last weekend!

1 comment:

Shaundra said...

Thanks for including the video! How sweet!