Monday, June 9, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook


Do stop by and visit Peggy's for all the links entered in The Simple Woman's Daybook!

For June 9, 2008

Outside My Window...pink geraniums blooming on the front porch, mid 90's and high humidity (which translates into a great hair day for me!)

I am thinking...how much I am going to miss all of our sweet neighbors. Living in such a transient place, one expects constant change in neighbors, but we have all been here for at least a year, and the Lord has really knit our hearts together. Until furlough...

I am thankful for...a patient and understanding husband and best friend, the other half of a "pair of old shoes" as my mother calls us.

From the kitchen...Texas Golden Chicken and cold watermelon shared with friends

I am wearing...khaki pants and a red t-shirt, barefoot, hair pulled up in anticipation of working around the house

I am creating...a box of books, activities, and "homey things" to keep the children occupied during 7 weeks of traveling this summer and 14 weeks of Pacific Orientation Course until we get our crate in the Solomon Islands (hopefully in December)

I am going...berry picking tomorrow with my family (if we don't get rained out)

I am reading..."Grace Based Parenting" by Dr. Tim Kimmel

I am hoping...Katherine will sleep well this week!

I am hearing...the hum of the ceiling fan, the "trash guys" as they pick up and the dumpsters around the center

Around the house...precious children playing outside, a hungry baby ready for cuddles and her morning nap, the anticipation from the children "Who is coming over today?" (even though the meal plan is posted on the fridge with the names of people coming)

One of my favorite things...Mrs. Myers geranium scented cleaning products

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: finish and mail the newsletter for June/July, go shopping for shoes and bedding for our time in Papua New Guinea, meet with the family who served in the Russell Islands before us, play games with the kids to ensure them that (amidst the chaos) they are still valuable to us, and give lots of hugs and kisses

Here is picture thought I am sharing...my full-of-life four year old (note the spaghetti still encircling her mouth)

1 comment:

Sweet Woodruff said...

I want to try the geranium scented cleaning products.

I too have a gentle, patient, forgiving and understanding husband. I don't know how I got so lucky.

Blessings to you.