Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook

Please drop by Peggy's to read other daybooks from around the globe. Please consider adding your own. (This will be the last week I will be able to link until May.)
For today...Tuesday, March 2
Outside my window...pouring rain for the fourth day in a row, I can't tell where the ocean ends and the sky begins this morning

I am thinking...that I am tired of friends dying. The last several months in a row, we have lost a friend every month to death. We grieve now, and we will grieve again in a few years when we go back to the States on furlough and that beloved friend is no longer there. This is a choice we willingly made when we moved to the Solomon Islands, but it doesn't make saying goodbye any easier.

I am thankful for...the big three kilo bags of "canned in a bag" apples we found for a great price, now I don't have to can apples and we will enjoy a treat while in Marulaon

I am wearing...a denim skirt, green t-shirt, sweet little jade earrings from a master-gardener friend in Memphis

I am remembering...how beautiful forsythia and japonica bushes are

I am going...to give the kids a holiday from school on Thursday and Friday so we can finish packing and load the Bikoi on Saturday

I am currently reading...nothing extra, the books are being packed

I am hoping...that we don't have too many late nights this week

On my mind...our "Path to the Cross" for Lent and the few days I still have to fill in

Noticing that...my children sacrifice more easily and willingly than I do

Pondering these words... "Do not offer the parts of your body to sin, as instruments of wickedness, but rather offer yourselves to God, as those who have been brought from death to life; and offer the parts of your body to him as instruments of righteousness." Romans 6:13 (working on offering my tongue as an instrument of righteousness - especially during the stresses of packing and moving again)

From the kitchen...cleaning out the fridge and the pantry, enjoying the last bits of beef before we switch to TVP for the village

Around the house...boxes, lots of them; colorful string weavings hung up on display

One of my favorite things~ a clean and clutter-free house

From my picture journal...

Sarah's version of a Monet painting

4 comments:

Nahna said...

The picture is gorgeous...Sarah, I love it...maybe you will do one of those for your Nahna to frame????
Prayers for you all as you move through the remaining week in your packing and moving again.
Talk to you soon.
Love to all.
Psalm 121

Kecia said...

I'm sorry for your loss.
I used Rom. 6:13 in our college girls' Bible study last night! Love that one...I've been praying it for my 12 year old, and now I am for me- :)
What is your "Path to the Cross"?
I love Sarah's picture, too!

Joanna Allen said...

Yes, also curious about your "Path to the Cross"? And I wish you could send some of that rain our way! It's getting really dry here. Some are saying we might have several months without any rain. You can imagine what that does to crops, livestock, and prices! But God is still on His throne and He will send the rain when He sees fit. And tell Sarah that her pic is beautiful! Wish she and my Carly could hang out and create together!! Praying for you guys!

The Hibbard Family said...

Sarah's painting is absolutely gorgeous!

Oh, the things we don't think about - like the privilege of having beef and chicken. Praying for you this week! Love and miss you!