Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Honiara Woman's Daybook


Just for Today...Tuesday, October 8
 
Outside my window...cloudy and rainy, so my clothes are hanging on the porch instead of outside.
 
From the learning rooms...a lighter few day because Benjamin is in the village.  I only sent math, science, and Bible with him, so that's what the girls are doing while he is away.
 
I am hearing... "The Top 100 Masterpieces of Classical Music:  1685-1928"  These CDs have made our listening tests so much easier! 
 
Noticing that...my Katherine is so very thoughtful.  Naomi and Sarah are good influences on her.  They bring me flowers, so Katherine has made me a vase to hold the flowers she picks for me
 

One of my favorite things...these beautiful drinking glasses.  Wonder how well they would travel to the Solomon Islands?
 
Crafting in the kitchen...trying to eat up leftovers.  With my two hungry guys gone, we aren't going through food nearly as quickly.  Naomi has been sweet to invite us over twice for supper.
 
A few plans for the rest of the week...SITAG team meeting tomorrow afternoon, hopefully picking up Aaron and Benjamin tomorrow, a Children's Education Committee meeting on Friday afternoon, and the big Fly Solomons races on Sunday
 
A peek into my corner of the world...a couple of days ago, my kids enjoyed helping Caroline make lavalavas as a fundraiser.

 



1 comment:

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Love your daybook! How does one "make" lava lavas???

Hope your guys are back under your roof :D

Julei