Monday, May 5, 2014

Kastam Gaden, Take 2

I went back out to the Kastam Gaden Association this morning, along with a colleague, her kids, and her translator's wife.  We had quite a sweet crew!  I wanted to pick up some Chinese cabbage seedlings and also to talk with somebody about coming out to the Russell Islands to hold a workshop about raising chickens.
 
 
When I walked over to the place where the trays of seedlings grow, I asked about buying some Chinese cabbage.  One of the ladies told me that they only had four trays and the boss wasn't allowing them to sell any because they were planting all of them today.  I was SUPER disappointed since all of the cabbage I planted in January has died!  After we walked around a little bit and toured the gardens (and found the bathroom), we headed toward the office.  The same lady who told me I couldn't buy any seedlings found me and told me that the boss had changed his mind because they found more trays of plants!  Whoohoo!
 
 
I ended up with fifty seedlings to take to Marulaon, and I was reminded yet again of Proverbs 21:1 as the Lord changed the heart of the boss so I could take good care of my family in the village.

No comments: