Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Saturday, July 19

Aaron teaching 7-19
While Aaron was busy teaching a language development workshop (because what good is a Bible in Lavukaleve if nobody is around who can read it?!?), the rest of us worked at the house, making lelenga (cassava pudding).
scraping cassava 7-19
Since Mama has been here before, we are trying to find new things to teach her.  She already knew how to scrape cassava and coconuts, but she had never husked a coconut before.  She was a great sport!
husking a coconut 7-19
After lunch, Mama and I walked around to distribute the bags of sewing supplies to two of Marulaon's groups, and to talk about theMako 7-19 pictures of my family that she had brought.  My neighbors really enjoy looking at pictures, and I had fun showing them a picture of four generations: my grandmother, my mom, me, and Sarah.  Most of my friends have already lost their moms, so it blows their minds that my mom's mom is still alive.  Sweet toddlers were often afraid of my mom, but she soon won them over with her "grandmotherly" ways.  When we got back home, I took advantage of my mom's hair cutting skills and put her to work on Benjamin's mop of hair.  She had him trimmed up in no time!
cutting Benjamin's hair

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am just LOVING the pictures of Mom spending time with you! Hope the crazy Kosko situation has resolved by now and that you all get some rest when you get into Honiara.

Love,
Liss