Monday, September 9, 2019

Sensitive Plant

 One of my favorite things about living in the Solomon Islands is the abundance of flora and fauna.  Around here, we have a story behind the "Sensitive Plant".  Supposedly when the Japanese occupied Papua New Guinea and the Solomon Islands, they planted a lot of these to give them an advantage.


When you touch their leaves, they immediately fold up and stay that way for several minutes.  The Japanese could tell if anyone had recently walked by because of the position of the leaves.


Returning home from my morning walk, these beautiful flowers caught my eye.  No matter why they were planted in this country, the Creator still gets the glory as I sit in awe and wonder at their design.

1 comment:

quilt'n-mama said...

I think these plants are so cool! The bloom is beautiful!