Monday, December 16, 2019

Saturday, December 14

I’m often distracted during my “Jesus Time” on the porch. Sometimes it’s the sweat dripping down my back, sometimes it’s the incredible colors in the sky, but this time it was a pig. Our favorite village pig, aptly named “Beauty”, got loose and went rummaging around the neighborhood before everyone was awake. She’s a big girl, made even bigger because she’s expecting a litter of piglets any day. Her tail swished in delighted happiness as she found tidbits to eat in each different kitchen and small garden.


She moseyed up the hill toward our house, and I noticed that her entire face was dark with dirt, contrasting with her clean, white body. When she got too close to my tomato seedlings, I sent Aaron out the door to gently shoo her away. He said all it took was a leaf applied to her backside, and she moved along. Soon, we saw several little boys hustling up the hill to bring Beauty back home.

No comments: