Wednesday, June 9, 2021

First Week in June


Last week began with Memorial Day.  We weren't traveling to a church over the weekend, so we had time to make a beautiful torte for brunch and to top it with pastry stars.  Since we returned to America, we've been slowly reading our way through "The Mission of the Body of Christ" during breakfast.


I love our hometown.  The local cemetery, where my veteran uncle is buried, held a short memorial service on Monday morning to commemorate veterans.  I'm so grateful to belong to a community whose mayor shared about how important it is to focus on the Lord and on service to each other.


Our family pulled out the badminton set and discovered how rusty we are as we lodged both birdies and rackets in the pecan tree above us.


Olivia had all four of her wisdom teeth removed (we're still working our way down that long list of medical needs), and she is recovering beautifully.


I started "Same Page Summer 2021" for my daily Bible reading and got my fingerprints taken as the last step in renewing my Arkansas teacher's license.


Reconnecting with old friends continues to be a source of joy for us.


Sarah Kate is a former cello student, and she has a handsome new baby.


Catching up with her and snuggling her son brought much delight to my afternoon!


We also got a surprise text from a friend we've known since middle school.  He was in town briefly and reached out to spend a few minutes with us.  It's so much fun to look back and see how God is working in each of our lives, weaving our stories for His good and His glory.

No comments: