Thursday, January 31, 2008

Odds & Ends

I still haven't been able to get a great shot of Katherine's huge smile, but here is a taste of what she is capable of doing.

Our beans and corn are growing fairly well. We've had to delay some experiments because our plants don't grow quite as fast as the book thinks they should. Right now, we have foil on one of the leaves to see why plants need sunlight, and we put "Diaper Goop" (because I didn't want to go buy a brand new container of Vaseline) on the top of one leaf and the bottom of another to determine where the stomata are. I feel a little bad suffocating the leaf! Every day, the kids draw the corn and bean in the pole planter (on the right) to see how much the plants have grown. I think I'm going to start telling my kids they are growing like a bean.


I cut Olivia's hair this week because the ends reminded me of straw. She loves her new hair-do: "I look like Nancy Drew, Mom!" Notice that her shirt is inside out and backwards. She and Benjamin LIKE to wear their clothes this way! I have to check when we leave the house to make sure all shirts are on correctly.
Please pray for us as we look for people to watch our children for an hour and a half each day while while Aaron and I are in school. We have three days of the week covered, but we still need two more days. Thanks for your prayers!


2 comments:

TheHarriman Family said...

Joanna,
I had to laugh at the backward shirt thing. Quinn does that too, he loves to wear his clothes that way! I love the picture of Katherine. She looks so much like Aaron to me!

Anonymous said...

At least she is wearing clothes. Ainsley is in that phase were she does not want to wear any or we go the other extreme and we were about 15 outfits a day!