Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Lots of food

Wednesday, November 11
Yesterday, Felta came by and asked Sarah if we liked to eat crab. Of course, Sarah told her yes, so Felta asked her to bring a dish and fill it with fresh. Aaron went with Sarah to fetch the crab, and he came back with our dish full as well as another big dish full. She is so generous! You can see our small dish compared to her big dish in the picture.

This morning about 8:30, Daisy came by and said the ladies were waiting at the market for me. Last time we stayed in Marulaon, market met on Wednesday afternoons, but now it meets on Wednesday mornings. I was so thankful she came and told me. We were able to buy some bananas (now I can make banana cake for market on Saturday), a huge watermelon, a pineapple, and some umalau, all in the rain :]

Felta came by again while I was deciphering language with Pogo. She said that her brother had just caught a big fish and would we be interested in buying it? She even offered to cook it for us over hot stones so it would be ready by tonight. So, I spent a couple hours this morning watching and learning how to cook a huge meo (tuna). I took down the big basket of umalau that we bought this morning and asked Felta to motu (cook over hot stones) the umalau, too, so we could all share it tonight.

No comments: