Monday, February 15, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook

Please visit Peggy who hosts this weekly journal.

FOR TODAY...Monday, February 15

Outside my window...clouds and scattered showers, the sounds of children laughing and playing outside this afternoon

I am thinking...how nice it would feel to close my eyes and take a nap right now

I am thankful for...our village chief, Leonard, who was comfortable enough to come visit on Saturday afternoon and to stay for supper!

I am wearing...denim skirt, striped shirt (a Christmas present from a sweet group of ladies in Arkansas), shell teardrop earrings

I am remembering...the heart shaped pancakes my mom used to make for Valentine's Day, accompanied by pink syrup.

I am going...to mail a few care packages this week

I am currently reading..."A Grammar of Lavukaleve" by Angela Terrill, just a little light reading

I am hoping...and praying that wheat arrives at the Honiara flour mill soon!!!

On my mind...three ways to be obedient to Christ: 1) let my roots grow down into Him & His Word so I can draw up nourishment, 2) grow in faith, strong & vigorous in the truth, 3) let my life overflow with thanksgiving (Colossians 2:6-7)

Noticing that...I'm missing my extended family a whole bunch

Pondering these words..."Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible." St. Francis of Assisi

From the kitchen...fingerfood lunch today at the new dorm dedication, pasta bake tonight with crab that we bought from Russell Islands friends at the market

Around the house...paper skeletons with their bones labled, clothes hanging on the porch trying to dry during rainy season

One of my favorite things~staying in touch with family and friends across the miles

From my picture journal...


super-chef Sarah working on her Valentine's Day cheesecake...it was yummy!

2 comments:

The dB family said...

Lol! We have paper skeleton's lying around right now too. I'm sure Chef Sarah's cheesecake was delicious!

Blessings!
Deborah

LISA said...

I am very late coming back to this post, but I keep thinking about this picture of Sarah. She looks like she should be in commercials. What a beautiful young lady in training. Doing the Lord's work Mama.