Monday, February 1, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook


Please hop over and visit Peggy to share your own daybook.
FOR TODAY... February 1, 2010

Outside my window...sun painting the sky brilliant colors as it rises.


I am thinking...about snow. We don't have any here, of course, but we're enjoying our books about snow and making snowflakes.

I am thankful for...the boldness of one of the young ladies from Marulaon. She walked up to SITAG yesterday, and I invited her in to visit for a while. She is coming back tomorrow morning to help me work on my Lavukaleve!


I am wearing...my exercise clothes, going to walk up and down the hills in just a few moments.

I am remembering...that my sister's birthday is this week. Miss you, sis!

I am going...to the airport tomorrow to pick up some colleagues, to Central Market on Wednesday to try and find some ladies from Marulaon as they sell their crabs and shellfish, to have lots more company this week as we enjoy spending time with each of the SITAG families.

I am currently reading..."The Adventures of Pioneer Women in New Zealand from Their Letters, Diaries and Reminiscences" selected by Sarah Ell, a "grown-up" book to correspond with our study of New Zealand this week.

I am hoping...that Katherine continues to sleep a little bit better. We discovered that Benjamin's watch alarm was set for 2:00 a.m., and she was waking up at 2:00 every morning. Now that the alarm has been turned off, she is sleeping better.

On my mind...flour. The entire town (including the flour mill) is out of flour. Thankfully, we bought a 10 lb bag last week, but it won't last long in our baking household.

Noticing that...it's time to begin preparing to go back to Marulaon again.

Pondering these words..."Aimless living and prayerlessness go hand in hand." E.M Bounds

From the kitchen...campers' oatmeal for breakfast, Lynn's muffins (from "Laurel's Kitchen") to complement the chicken noodle soup for lunch, and bar-b-que meatballs, rice, green beans, pineapple, and coconut custard pie (Benjamin's new favorite recipe to cook - from "More With Less") tonight

Around the house...a freezer full of meals to nourish our tummies this week, ceiling fans going full speed, and the coffee pot emptying rapidly as kids wake up and reach for their mugs.

One of my favorite things~yummy new recipes, like fresh tomato salad dressing from "Laurel's Kitchen"

From my picture journal...
I know, I'm abusing the "one picture" aspect of the daybook.

But they were soooo cute showing off their muscles!

4 comments:

Abi's Blog said...

The pictures are so cute - the other day Eli was going to "help" me move something heavy and he began pulling off his shirt. I said, "Eli, what are you doing?" He said,"I'm pulling off my shirt so my muscles can work better!" I'm so glad you have your blog to share with your mom (and all the other grandparents out here that love to see what your kids are up to). I think that might be the hardest part of being a missionary in a far away place - I remember when my aunt and family were in Uruguay with only letters and a very occasional phone call - that must have been really hard! Of course God sends strength and blessings...
Love ya, ava

Nahna said...

Tell Sarah that I missed her muscles...ha!!

Those are precious gifts from God and I miss them...and you and Aaron.

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Love the pics!

The dB family said...

What adorable photos! I so enjoy reading about your days in the Islands.

Blessings!
Deborah