Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Kiss-iversary

Twenty years ago, I stood in a church parking lot with the cutest boy I had ever seen. And then he kissed me. The very first kiss for either of us. He began as the brown eyed cellist who shared a stand with me in orchestra, and now he is the sweet, wonderful, intelligent, talented, and handsome man who shares the adventure of life with me (and has passed his dimples on to most of our children).


Tonight, he sits in Papua New Guinea, and I sit in the Solomon Islands, miles apart, and our lives are miles from where we dreamed and planned we would be. But his kisses get sweeter every day, and as God unfolds the plan for our lives, the days get sweeter, too.


6 comments:

The Hibbard Family said...

How sweet! Happy Kiss-iversary! I love the way God shines through your marriage so beautifully!

The dB family said...

Happy Kiss-iversary! What a sweet post. How far is PNG from the Solomon Islands?

TheHarriman Family said...

You too have to be the cutest couple ever--I thought so when I met you---and I still think so!!

Abi's Blog said...

Memories are wonderful things - This one is so sweet, thanks for sharing...
ava

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Very, very sweet :D

Happy Kiss-iversary!

chad said...

I normally don't partake in non-wedding anniversary greetings, but seeing as how I've only recently discovered this blog, and seeing as how you all played a key role in our 10th wedding anniversary... I'm willing to bend this one.

Happy kiss-iversary.

Would you like me to kiss Aaron for you?

-Chad