Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Marulaon Woman's Daybook

For today...Monday, May 3

Outside my window...it's still dark and the rain and wind are blowing like crazy

I am thinking...that I wish I could stay in Marulaon, wonder if Aaron will leave me here?

I am thankful for...four healthy children, this time out in Marulaon we've had much more sickness than usual

From the kitchen...leftovers as we unplug and clean out the fridge today

I am wearing...pajamas on the porch

I am reading..."Pride and Prejudice", first time for me and I'm loving it!

I am hoping...and praying that my words and actions will be gracious as the stresses of moving mount

Pondering these words..."A missionary must be humble enough to be flexible." Elisabeth Elliot

Around the house...the smell of varnish, stacks of boxes,louvers closed to the rain

One of my favorite things...new babies, can't wait to see pics as soon as my sister's new little one arrives

A few plans for the rest of the week...packing and leaving Marulaon tomorrow, arriving in Honiara Tuesday night and unpacking, that's enough!

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...my creative kids made a snowman in the freezer as it defrosted

2 comments:

Abi's Blog said...

I'm glad you're almost back to Honiara! I miss your comments... :) I received your letter the same day I mailed yours - maybe it will be waiting for you. Blessings,Ava

The dB family said...

I can hardly believe that as I am reading this, you're in Honiara already. I just seemed to get caught up with reading about life in Marulaon. I pray you had a safe and uneventful trip.

Blessings!
Deborah