Sunday, June 20, 2010

Sweet Sabbath

"Let them give thanks to the Lord for his unfailing love and his wonderful deeds for men, for he satisfies the thirsty and fills the hungry with good things." Psalm 107:8-9

-godly grandfathers who shaped my parents, and in turn helped shape me (my dad's dad on the horse, he still loves fishing in the lake and working in the garden)

-an incredibly patient and funny daddy for my own four children

-sweet rice pudding lovingly decorated by my husband

-God's gift of a cool rainy & breezy Sunday morning to refill the rain tanks outside and to spiritually & emotionally refill our inner tanks, too

-cool bugs
-another SITAG family to enjoy sharing Sunday brunch and good fellowship before both families head to our respective villages next week
-family hymn singing -a new-to-me blog to refuel my passion for home and creativity -Princess Katherine wearing a cape/blanket that her great-grandmother created for me to wrap up my babies -sermon series on CD sent by sweet friends for us to ponder

-a dove carved from a clam shell by our creative and talented neighbors to remind us of the Holy Spirit's presence and work in our lives

-yummy eggplant recipes to utilize the abundance in Marulaon

2 comments:

The dB family said...

Sounds like a lovely day. The dove is wonderful! I think I will be enjoying that new blog too.

I have a package going out to you this week. I have hunted high and low for that skirt pattern you asked about once-upon-a-time with no success. Oh well, when I find it, I will have an excuse to send you another package.

Praying your week goes uneventfully but safely and well.

Blessings!
Deborah

Joanna Allen said...

Wow, that dove is BEAUTIFUL!! We also had a cool(er) rainy morning for church. Praying for you guys as you head back out this week. Love you!