Friday, January 4, 2013

Texas Woman's Daybook

(Meant to post this days ago!)

Just for today...Tuesday, January 1

Outside my window...dark and cold and cloudy

Pondering these words..."Beware of any work for God that causes or allows you to avoid concentrating on Him. A great number of Christian workers worship their work.  The only concern of Christian workers should be their concentration on God." 
~ Oswald Chambers

A heart of thankfulness...for prayer warriors

Creating...our traveling schedule for the next several months

On my bookshelf..."Hurt Healer:  Reaching Out to a Broken World" by Tony Nolan (on loan from a friend, thanks for letting me raid your bookshelf!)

From the kitchen...the kids started the day with their Storytime Cocoa from Aaron's mom.  Now, I can smell supper simmering:  the collards and the black eyed peas and the cornbread and the ham all coming together to create that marvelous New Year's Day aroma.

Around the house...a pretty new flour sack dish towel from my mother, the wise men slowly making their way to see Jesus, our spiral of candles almost full leading up to Epiphany

Something I want to remember for later...when I walked in the door from grocery shopping and Katherine exclaimed, "Mama, I drew this rainbow for you because I love you and I want to make you happy!"

From the learning rooms...starting back to school tomorrow with the War of 1812 and Napoleon's defeat in Russia

One of my favorite things...the way the sunlight slants into my bedroom window late in the afternoon this time of year

A few plans for the rest of the week...blood work on Friday as we began preparing to go back to the Solomon Islands, celebrating Epiphany on Sunday
 
A peek into my corner of the world...oh, that snaggled-tooth grin!
 

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Good, convicting quote. And I bet your supper does smell good. Yum! I'm bummed Amazon doesn't have anything to say about the book you are reading. Hope you are staying warm and cozy!

Herding Grasshoppers said...

That is such a lovely picture :D

Happy new year,

Jule

The Hibbard Family said...

Such a gorgeous grin! I love that beautiful child!