Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Together

We returned last night from our nine-day Christmas 2012 Road Trip in time to do a little laundry, eat pizza, and go to bed (party animals, we are not).  After living overseas for the last four years, the theme of this trip was "together".


Thursday, December 27:  "Christmas Day" for the Williams family



One of my brothers had to work some while we gathered.  I found it funny that he chose to set up his computer underneath the mistletoe.  After I snapped the picture, I snuck up on him and gave him a big smooch on the cheek!
 


My beautiful sister-in-law getting some Katherine snuggles.
 


Sarah and her cousin waiting for the festivities to begin.
 


One of my talented sisters led us in Christmas carols, a Williams' family tradition, before we read the Christmas story and opened presents.
 


LOVE these mug cozies made by my sister-in-law for each of us.
 


Five of the six of us siblings (missed you, Daniel!).
 

 
My brother and grandmother with Katherine
 


The other brother and his awesome girlfriend hanging out with the Choate kids.
 

I think Olivia would have smuggled her cousin into her suitcase if she could have!
 


My grandparents came to spend the morning with us, even though they had been without electricity for several days.
 

 
Family recipes always make it to the table when we all get together.  My great-grandmother's coconut cake always disappears quickly.


As my sister said while trying to get her two-year-old to try a bite, "It's like cookies.  Only better."
 

 
We work together...
 


we play games together (my kids are beginning to win)...
 

 
we eat together at a restaurant full of family memories.
 
My favorite Christmas present this year?  The blessing of together.
 
 


No comments: