Friday, January 17, 2014

Cute as a...Squid?


Meet Translyn, Skita's daughter.  Mama and daughter are both spunky.  Getting a picture of this little bundle of energy challenged me because she never stops moving around!

 
When we were back on furlough last year, my brother's girlfriend taught us the finer points of fist bumps.  Between living overseas and my "advanced age", somehow I had missed out on the many types of fist bumps available.  One of our favorites was the "jellyfish".  Early in our stay in Marulaon, I told Skita about fist bumps as I was sharing stories about my family back in America.  I couldn't remember the word for jellyfish, but I could remember squid:  "hoviga".  So I taught Skita the hoviga, and she taught Translyn.  Every time I saw this little spitfire, she yelled "Hoviga!" and I got a sweet little fist bump out of her.  Who knew that a fist bump would cross cultures so well?!?