Monday, February 10, 2014

Honiara Woman's Daybook


Just for today...Monday, February 10
Outside my window...los of smoke.  After raining for weeks, we've had three beautiful days of sunshine, so this afternoon was the day to burn brush piles.  My sinuses aren't very happy about the smoke streaming through the house, but I'm thankful that the mosquito "apartment buildings" are burning!

Pondering these words..."You can't get much done in life if you only work on the days when you feel good."  ~Jerry West (missing my NBA games this time of year)

Crafting in the kitchen...making lots of coffee cake with papaya on top from a recipe we got from a sweet friend while we were training in Papua New Guinea.  The best part, she's getting married in just a couple of weeks after years of praying that God would send her the perfect guy!

One of my favorite things...care packages from bloggy friends who know you well even though you've never met.  One day, we will!


A few plans for the rest of the week...getting another village team out on Wednesday.  Saying goodbye to friends never gets any easier.

A peek into my corner of the world...I had lots of sweet helpers in my kitchen yesterday as we baked a double batch of granola.  This one worked particularly hard!

1 comment:

Herding Grasshoppers said...

I love your daybooks - some things so very, very different, yet others so common to us all.

Great quote from Jerry West.

Julie