Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Veterans Day

 
 
...some in snow, some on crags, some in quicksands, little by little, much by much, they are fighting, fighting, fighting that where there was death there may be life. 

My uncle  - Vietnam
 
"When a man is prey to anger, he is moved by outside things; when he holds his ground in patience patience patience, that is action or beauty," the soldier's defense and hardest armor for the fight....
 
My great-grandfather - WWI
 
If these great patient dyings -- all these agonies and woundbearings and blood shed -- can teach us how to live, these dyings were not wasted.  Hate-hardened heart, O heart of iron, iron is iron till it is rust.  There never was a war that was not inward;
 
Aaron's dad, blessed not to serve in active combat, and grandfather - WWII
 
I must fight till I have conquered in myself what causes war...  ~Marianne Moore

1 comment:

quilt'n-mama said...

beautiful post my friend!
So many we should honor today for the freedom we enjoy!