Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Ladies Retreat

"There are really only two types of people -- those who accept the need to change and those who don't.  The former grow,;the latter stay trapped in a prison of stagnation."  ~ Dr. Archibald Hart


Last weekend proved a sweet ladies retreat as we reminded each other that despite life's many changes, our anchor is Jesus and he will hold strong.  One of the highlights of the week was taking a walk on the nearby trails.  We visited the Indian Rock House where DeSoto stopped on his search for the Fountain of Youth.


"Embracing change has resulted in a journey of growth, taking me to a place I did not want to go, only to find there the person I wanted to be."  ~Lee McDowell "Embracing Change"


I still struggle to embrace change, but if that's the venue that God uses to help me look more like Him, then I'm thankful for His patience and for the safety His unchangeable, rock steady faithfulness gives me.


1 comment:

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Looks like a beautiful setting for your retreat :D