Monday, March 11, 2019


 I've been back in the orchestra classroom again, subbing while the directors took the high school orchestra to Dallas for a few days.  What a joy to be able to work with these students again.  See that necklace hanging around my neck? 


My orchestra teacher, Jill, gave it to me years and years ago.  It's a lovely crystal string instrument, and it reminds me to create a classroom culture of nurture and support while we're striving for musical excellence.  Friday was cold and dreary and definitely needed a boost in the classroom.  Enter donuts.


It's so much easier to figure out those borrowed chords in music theory if you have a little something in your tummy.  And where would I get my Girl Scout cookie fix if it weren't for those amazing orchestra students?




No comments: