Wednesday, March 13, 2019

I should have known it would happen.  Placing the pot of seeds on the dining room table a week ago reminds me to die to self every single time I walk through that room.  Watching the grass seeds transform daily reminds me that, with God's help, change can happen in our lives, too.


But you'd never know it from the words that have been flung around here lately.  My girls have been bickering more than usual, our marriage has hit some rough spots, and the time change really rocked our world and gave us a huge case of the crankies.  We're fighting back by listening to music that brings our hearts and minds back to the Lord (like Hymns for the Lifegiving Home) and by giving each other grace and by reminding each other to choose to die to self, even when it's hard.

No comments: