Friday, November 27, 2020

Friday Favorite Five

 


1)  I was doing a little early Christmas shopping and found this adorable welcome mat.  It's perfect to go in front of Sarah's apartment, and I plan to get one for our house in Arkansas when we return next year.

2) If you are thinking about Advent and how to make it meaningful for you and family this year, Wycliffe has just released "The Weary World Rejoices", a devotional complete with a Spotify playlist!  For kids, they have also provided "Travel Around the World This Christmas With Your Family", a conglomeration of devotionals and geography and activities focused on broadening your knowledge of Christmas traditions around the world and honing our eyes on Jesus.

3) This colorful daily dozen challenge chart reminds me to steward my body well by the fuel I ingest.  The charts come in both imperial and metric measurements, so no matter where in this beautiful world you live, you can find a good fit.

4) It's no secret that I prefer to read nonfiction.  Modern Mrs. Darcy is one of my favorite book blogs, and she recently released a list of fascinating but true untold stories that you didn't learn in history class.  I've already read several of these, and thanks to Arkansas' digital library, I've just checked out a few and put several more on hold!

5) One of my favorite authors, Glenna Marshall, always seems to find the balance between encouraging and challenging words.  Recently, her blog posts about remaining faithful to the Lord when the world is so distracting (hello, Black Friday) and the slow, hard work of sanctification gave me thoughtful words to chew.

No comments: