Thursday, November 5, 2020

Lessons in life, love, and learning

We're enjoying being back in Honiara with all of its abundance...internet and food are the two things that immediately come to my mind.  Aaron has spent much of his time this week sitting in meetings, and he is hustling to get all of the details wrapped up in preparation for the upcoming consultant check.  Even though he is a full on Enneagram Five, I love the way he always has time and energy for others.


I think his shepherd's heart really shines through, reminding me of our days in church ministry.  After spending time in town this morning, picking up things for several different people, he came home with a big, beautiful kingfish from market.  And Katherine wanted a lesson in how to fillet it.  So, after lunch, I watched my busy guy take time to patiently show our lastborn how to prepare almost twenty pounds of fish for us to enjoy throughout November.  


 I follow several personality type accounts on Instagram because I love the conversation starters (and the laughter) they provide.  Recently, I saw a post about how each type spends their anniversary, and I was reminded about how Aaron uses every single day to invest in the people around him.  "Every day is a day to show that you love each other so why is this one any different than the rest?" is how his type is supposed to react.  I laughed out loud, because it is SO true, but not in the non-romantic way one might think.  My husband really does take every opportunity to show the people around him, including me, appreciation and care. 

No comments: