Wednesday, August 17, 2022

July Bounty


Oh, July bounty poured in from every corner.  Our beautiful farmers market, Hannah and Benjamin's wedding, our anniversary, so many birthdays.


I made my mom a birthday cake (well, really it was four layer delight, which in my book is a million times better than cake) and we took it out to where she was camping for the weekend.


I found this treasure and just had to add it to our Arkansas home.


We discovered a text after church from one of our adopted kids asking if he could spend the night on his way back to Dallas, and of course we said yes!  The Choate Bed and Breakfast is always open for visitors.


This new-to-me dynamic duo of author and illustrator popped up in one of my professional development sessions, and now I can't get enough of these guys.  Books like "The Smart Cookie" and "The Bad Seed" help children and adults engage in meaningful discussions.


I finally took the plunge and registered for grad school.  Slowly but surely, on both sides of the ocean, I hope to continue to build my tool chest for teaching stringed instruments.

No comments: