Tuesday, March 25, 2008

The Ladies' Room



On yesterday's post, I failed to include the treasure that the kids found on their hike with Aaron over the weekend. Sarah came in with her prize, and I asked her where she found it. "In the Ladies' Restroom," was her response. Visions of bones decorating the windowsills of the restrooms here on the center went flashing through my mind until I heard Sarah giggle. Then I realized she had taken an urgent squat behind a tree and discovered the bones while she was indisposed. What a great sense of humor! Any guesses as to the former life of Sarah's treasure?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have no idea what Sarah's treasure used to be, but I had to laugh. We spent a lot of the week-end out in old Silica (volcanic ash) mines near where we live working on a project for Asem. Most of them are in pastures, we have a pile of cow bones on the back step that the kids brought home!

We love you guys!
Hugs,
The Conard Crew

Anonymous said...

We loved Sarah's find. Cindy was over last night and she and I think it is a turtle skelton. Cindy can't get over how Kathryn has grown and thinks she looks like Olivia. I thought she looked like Aaron but she is too pretty. Cindy pointed all the same features that are alike with Olivia and now I agree with her.
Love you, Mrs. Nancy

Anonymous said...

Hi Sweeties, I'm with Miss Nancy--I think it is a turtle, but where is the shell? Nanny

Anonymous said...

I think it was a 4 legged creature -- maybe a cat?? It looks like it has the "backbone" with the "holes" for the ribs to come out of. And then at the bottom (on the R when you're looking at the picture) -- that looks like it's coccyx (tailbone/hip bone). I don't know tho....