Sunday, January 18, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook




Monday, January 29th

Outside my window...sunshine and a beautiful sunrise after a rainy day yesterday (it rained so hard that hearing the church service was difficult!)


I am thinking...about my friend Renee in Florida who has a birthday today

I am thankful for...a supportive and encouraging team of colleagues here in the Solomons


From the learning rooms...California Gold Rush, similies, five parts of a friendly letter, multiplying by 1000s, headstands, "Sunflowers" by Van Gogh, Nutcracker Ballet by Tchaikovsky, geography of the routes to California


From the kitchen...popcorn cake

I am wearing...ponytail, red cotton skirt (thanks again, Nancy), white t-shirt, red beaded earrings (thanks, Christine), and...you guessed it...bare feet


I am creating...new hems for my rowdy five-year-old's dresses


I am going...to learn Pijin. I REALLY AM!


I am reading..."Through Her Eyes: Perspectives on Life from Christian Women Serving the Muslim World" by Marti Smith - a great read for any woman serving overseas or for anyone wanting to know what life is like for a woman serving overseas


I am hoping...we don't get the stomach virus that is wreaking havoc around SITAG


I am hearing...kumara sizzling in the skillet for breakfast, Katherine's hiccups


Around the house...gobs of laundry hanging on the line and trying to dry after two days of rain, but today is sunny and bright!


One of my favorite things...bathtub fresh babies


A few plans for the rest of the week:
visiting WWII sites around the island of Guadalcanal, cooking lessons with one of the ladies from the island of Malaita


Here is picture thought I am sharing...

Sarah pulled another molar this weekend! She likes to keep her loose teeth a surprise until they fall out. Katherine's molars have just finished coming in, and now Sarah is loosing hers.

3 comments:

Christy said...

Oh Sunflowers. Just thinking about that painting makes me warm!

Anonymous said...

Sarah is changing so fast and growing up. The contours of her face are changing too...really apparent in this picture. God bless each of you. We have gorgeous sunshine today too.
Nahna

Jennifer said...

Joanna...How neat to see your Daybook! I knew Aaron and his family years ago at FBC and WHBC in Conway, but moved to Ft. Smith after college and lost contact, for the most part. Carmen and I just reconnected via Facebook, and she sent me the link to your blog. I was excited to see it, especially since I have followed Wycliffe's work for years.

Anyway, we are also homeschooling four children (ages 4-11), and I'm also a "Daybook" poster. :) I'm looking forward to following your blog, and we will be praying for your family!

Jennifer (Brown) Harris