Wednesday, August 15, 2012



For today...Monday, August 13
(finished Wednesday, August 15)

Outside my window...much needed rain this morning (Wednesday).  It's the first time we've seen rain since we've moved to Texas.  Two big pots of lantana sit in the back yard next to a table and chairs, and Aaron brought home a surprise this morning - a double hook for a bird feeder and/or potted plants.  What a great guy.

I am thinking...about my mother-in-law.  Her birthday is today (Monday)!

From the learning rooms...we're starting full throttle today with North American settlers, Japan, and West Africa in the early 1600s.  Back to school means a very busy Mama.

A heart of thankfulness...for all of the people who have been praying for my back pain.  I still walk slowly & gingerly sometimes, but I feel so much better.

From the kitchen...yeast waffles for breakfast and tamale pie for supper tonight (it's Sarah's turn to be head chef)



From my bookshelf...still working on Galileo's Daughter.

I am hoping...that the box we sent to the Solomon Islands gets there before Ezekiel leaves on Sunday so he can take things back to Marulaon village.

I am creating...goals to grow a healthy & hearty family during our furlough.  Starting with this race on Labor Day weekend.

I am hearing...Rostropovich playing Beethoven's Twelve Variations on a Theme by Mozart (using Papageno's aria from The Magic Flute).  It's a duet for cello and piano and my newest favorite.

watermelon fellowship after church last night


One of my favorite things...a church family.  I didn't realize how much I had missed having one until we got settled here in Cedar Hill.  Wow!

our pastor enjoyed the watermelon, too!

Pondering these words..."Take rest; a field that has rested gives a bountiful crop."  ~Ovid

Looking ahead...the Missions Pastor from our church is coming over for lunch today, then we have swimming with friends tomorrow afternoon,

When I take three days to finish filling out all of the prompts,
I get to include more pictures.  My little fish
enjoyed swimming with Miss Krystan on Tuesday.

the kids audition for the Southwest Children's Chorus Wednesday afternoon, friends/supporters coming for supper Thursday night, Aaron's school has a big ice cream social Friday night, and the swimming friends coming for lunch on Saturday.  Looks like it's going to be a great week!

A peek into my corner of the world...my amazing husband who is biking to school (five miles one way) at least once a day.


3 comments:

Nahna said...

Busy, busy, busy family. So glad that you all are settling into life in Dallas. Love you and miss you.

quilt'n-mama said...

Yah for your first run here, our family will be doing the Race for Freedom Sept. 8th and looking at a list of fall runs:-) looking forward to doing one with you eventually:-)

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Oh, Joanna, i love to peek into your life! And I'm rejoicing with you having a church family, knowing how much ours means to us. Praying that you will be filled to overflowing on this furlough :D

Julie G