Sunday, August 12, 2012

Sweet Sabbath

"Come and listen, all you who fear God; let me tell you what he has done for me."  Psalm 66:16




-He provides great friends to show us around Costco (definitely culture shock!), to lend a listening ear, and to share their pool and their kids as we continue to adjust



-He also provides friends who encourage me to see life from God's perspective, so from my morning vantage the dumpster looks beautiful because the sun is rising behind it and because we don't have to burn our trash in this country


-I never get tired of the family God has given me.  They have ALL been very supportive of working hard to love the Lord with all of our mind, soul, and strength.  We are counting everything we put in our mouths and working hard to strengthen our bodies while we are home on furlough so we will be physically ready to return to the Solomon Islands next year.

2 comments:

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Beautiful attitudes and beautiful pictures. I didn't even realize it was a dumpster - just saw the sunrise :D

Julie

us5 said...

wow...thank you, friend! i'm blessed that you were blessed by my post! ♥