Friday, February 8, 2013

Chinese New Year


Since we'll be out of town when the Chinese New Year actually begins, and to give the kids a distraction from missing their daddy, we pulled out the construction paper and scissors last night to make "Chinese lanterns".  I read a fun book aloud while we worked.  "The Runaway Wok: A Chinese New Year Tale" by Ying Chang Compestine is a new discovery for our family.  The whining and fussing dissolved (both mine & the kids') as we spent some time keeping our minds occupied and focused on the good things God has given us.

2 comments:

Betsy de Cruz said...

Beautiful! I haven't made these since my kids were small, but they sure are pretty. We should get out our paper and scissors.

no spring chicken said...

I did this as a child but never with my own kids... how did this one escape our home school? :{

Blessings, Debbie