Sunday, February 3, 2013

"In times of trouble, may the Lord answer your cry....May he grant your heart's desires and make all your plans succeed.  May we shout for joy when we hear of your victory and raise a victory banner in the name of our God.  May the Lord answer all your prayers."  Psalm 20:1, 4, 5


In the Fall of 2011, we were praying for this little guy from Marulaon Village as he fought for his life.  Because he was born prematurely and with an esophagus that didn't connect to his stomach, we joined the army of prayer warriors around the world on his behalf.

Yesterday, we got to experience the answer to all of those prayers as we played Tenzi and watched a vivacious little boy laugh and add joy to our gathering.  God knew that I would have a student in my orchestra seventeen years ago that would become a godly man, marry a Proverbs 31 woman, and lead his family to be a blessing to ours on a sunny aftermoon.

1 comment:

The Hibbard Family said...

I almost can't see to type because of the tears in my eyes right now. One night when Benjamin Shawa was about 10 days old, post-surgery, and fighting for his life, I was praying desperately for him, Charlene, and Jason. These very verses literally jumped off the page and pierced my heart. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry then, but I clung to those verses and shared them with Charlene. I cannot tell you how precious it is to see those same verses applied to a very similar situation with very similar results. That smile just melts my heart!!