Saturday, November 23, 2013

Friday, November 22

Our batteries are dangerously low after several days of rain, so we were thrilled to see lots of sunshine this morning as we began the day with full rain tanks.

The morning was set aside for village cleanup.  So after we got the morning chores finished, the kids and I started school and Aaron went out with his grass knife (long and curved on one end) to help our neighbors clean up the public areas of the village. 

IMG_0273 - Copy (320x213)

When the clean up crew was on the other side of my outdoor kitchen (you can see the roof in the picture), I made two big bowls of popcorn to say thank you to our neighbors who were working so hard.  I almost caused a fight as every one fought for a handful of popcorn! 

The bell just rang to end the time of work, and now clouds are once again covering up the sun we need so badly.  Aaron has come in to study Lavukaleve while the kids and I tie up loose ends of the morning's schoolwork.  We'll all pause for lunch soon. 

Thanks for all of the prayers for our village e-mail.  The CPS has stayed around 60, and we've been able to connect about 75% of the times we've tried.  What a blessing to be able to stay connected to friends and family across the Pacific while pouring ourselves into the Lavukal.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Wow, look how green!

Anonymous said...

I was ELATED to get an email from you when I opened up my account this morning! Thank you so much for reaching out. We really love these updates.

Love,
Liss