Friday, November 15, 2013

 
Yesterday, we finished bringing in bags of dirt to fill up the canoes, then Pogo and I transplanted Chinese cabbage and tomatoes into one of the canoes and planted marigold seeds on either side of them to help deter pests.  I kept going back and forth from school to the yard.  The kids did a great job of staying on task and being flexible. Pogo and I also dug a couple of rows to plant some green beans, put in a small bamboo fence to keep children from walking through my slippery cabbage, and planted watermelon seeds.  My neighbors would say I'm planting a "sup-sup" garden.
 
 
This afternoon, I took grabbed some of the colorful rubber bands I bought back in America.  My goal is to share them with every little girl in our village.  The moms like them, too!  I just walked around trying to chat and sharing rubber bands.  I like to alternate parts of the village so I get to spend a little bit of time with everybody. 
 
 
I love how our kids jump in and play with the other kids in our village.  It's so fun to walk around the village and hear the sounds of laughter.  We've been in Marulaon for five years now, and watching all of the children grow up brings me much joy.  The Bible translation really is for them.

No comments: