Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Sunday, December 1

After church this morning, we began pulling out Christmas decorations, music, and our tree.  I was really missing family and friends at the start of this Advent season and was a little bit teary when I heard a knock at the door.  My friend Ofoaen stood there with a plate of lelenga and a tuna.  She said that her husband, David, had gone fishing yesterday and caught two fish, so they gave one to us.  The fish was good sized, and I was so humbled to find it on the plate.  I think Ofoaen was embarrassed to find me crying, and her gift prompted even more tears.  I told her that I felt like God sent her because I was missing my family and she was like a sister to me.

IMG_0324 - Copy (320x213)

1 comment:

us5 said...

this is so sweet- just like God to bring a sister to the door when you were missing family. ♥ praying for you tonight - that the Wonderful Counselor, the Prince of Peace, the everlasting Father will minister to your heart and mind, encouraging you in Him and in His gift of the incarnation...