Monday, December 15, 2014

Saturday, December 6

After a wonderful market this morning, Margaret asked me if I could bring some medicine to her baby grandson, Rodney.  He was named after Margaret's son who died in June.  
Rodney & dad SAT
I brought over some infant ibuprofen and Benadryl to help this sweet one feel better from the cold that so many people are sharing in the village.  Thankfully, our family is finally better!  She asked me to come back tonight to give him another dose before he went to bed.  He was such a good little boy, and I enjoyed the time visiting with the sweet family.  With the village nurse still gone, I've had lots of extra opportunities to hand out medicine and band-aids and to pray for people.
Cookies - SAT
Today is also St. Nicholas Day, so the kids found some little treats (like pencils - thanks, Mama!) in their shoes this morning.  One of our colleagues brought our family a bag of Hershey's kisses before we left for the village, so we knew we had to save them to make St. Nicholas purse cookies today.  We're so thankful for the people who are willing to bless our family with special treats!

1 comment:

Linda said...

You have a lovely blog.