Sunday, May 26, 2019

Sweet Sabbath - Birthday Edition

The first words I heard when I woke up this morning were, "Happy Birthday, Superwoman!"  My thoughtful husband whispered them in my ear as I groggily rolled over.  He had no idea how much I needed to hear them.


After we got home from church, I changed into my wonder woman t-shirt.  It says, "Beauty, brains, and power."  Believe it or not, this shirt reminds me of 2 Peter 1:3,

"His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness."

I'm under no delusions.  No one is going to follow me on social media because of my beauty.  I'm comfortable with this mop of hair God gave me.  And my brains used to be okay, but the older I get the harder I have to work at getting these old cogs turning.  And power?  I've never had it all together.  I just try to be a good steward of what I have.


But I know where to find real power that gives me everything I need for life AND godliness - in between the tattered covers of my Bible.  And that's why we're here in the Solomon Islands, to give our precious friends and neighbors what they need, too.  

1 comment:

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Happy Birthday, my sweet friend!