Thursday, February 27, 2020

Wednesday, February 26

Sweet Bethany dropped by just after breakfast to ask for laundry detergent for her mom, a common request from my friends. Later in the day, when our brains and bodies had absorbed all of the unpacking and cleaning that we could muster, the girls went out to play with their friends. Side Note: In case you sometimes need a “brain break” like we do, the card game “Taco, Cat, Goat, Cheese, Pizza” is a hilarious de-stressor. (Thanks for the new game, Katie!)


Katherine quickly returned with this plate of fish. She said Foster had just arrived in his canoe with a fresh string of fish. I wasn’t sure if this was a thank you for the detergent, so I sent some onions back on the plate. I don’t think I will ever figure out the fine art of relationships here! But I’m thankful for protein. Especially with no market this morning. I had asked my friend, Daisy, if she would be willing to let me buy fruits and veggies from her if she found extra produce the next time she went to her garden. I was super excited when we did get a few cherry tomatoes, baby capsicum, eggplant, and long beans from her. We can tell such a huge difference in our health when we have good fuel to put in our bodies.

No comments: