Tuesday, February 18, 2020


Lent starts next week.  We really hope we are in the village by then. The sunny start to the day was promising for ship travel!  We've had rain and wind almost every day for three weeks, but this morning the sun broke through.  Looks like I'll finally be able to wash my hair in warm water.

This year, Marulaon's feast day falls just before Lent, which means we can celebrate!  We'd love to be able to join our neighbors in the feasting and dancing like we have in the past.   We just have to find a ship going the right direction.

Since living in the village requires all of my mental and physical energy, I won't have any creative juices flowing in the weeks leading up to Easter.  This year, we plan to simply use Sister Wendy's "The Art of Lent" alongside "Whiter Than Snow" by Paul David Tripp.  I really enjoyed focusing on the Penitential Psalms last year, but this year we'll narrow our lens to just Psalm 51.

No comments: