Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Tuesday, March 24

Within this Christian vision for marriage, here’s what it means to fall in love. It is to look at another person and get a glimpse of the person God is creating, and to say, “I see who God is making you, and it excites me! I want to be part of that. I want to partner with you and God in the journey you are taking to his throne. And when we get there, I will look at your magnificence and say, I always knew you could be like this. I got glimpses of it on earth, but now look at you!
~Tim Keller, The Meaning of Marriage


Living in the village almost always brings extra attacks against our marriage. Even though we anticipate the attacks, they don’t get any easier. So we fight. We fight with the truth of God’s Word. We fight with “stones of remembrance” like those found in Joshua 4.


“He did this so that all the peoples of the earth might know that the hand of the LORD is powerful and so that you might always fear the LORD your God.” (Joshua 4:24)


Today we celebrate thirty years of holding hands. We tell the stories of God’s faithfulness over the years. We watch “Hunt for Red October” again. We taste the sweetness of my Mama’s sugar cookie recipe and remember the sweetness of our relationship.

No comments: