Thursday, July 20, 2023

Hair Cut


We were advised to not wait until my hair fell out on its own,


but to be proactive.


So we had a haircutting party.


Since I was cutting my hair so close to my head, I had enough to donate.


Each of my girls cut two ponytails off.


And then came the clippers.


But I don't walk this path alone.


Benjamin shaved his head.


And we had a Zoom hair cutting party for two orchestra students in Arkansas,


my cousin in Louisiana, and a good friend of Sarah's in Pennsylvania.
 

In addition, my fabulous students have been sending me pictures of how they are supporting me with their hair choices.


Some are cutting and donating all the way from Spain,


some said "This is as short as my mom will let me cut my hair!"


And some just went with a cleaner look. I am overwhelmed and encouraged by all of these thoughtful people who want to love and support me through this cancer journey!

No comments: