Sunday, March 29, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook





Do visit Peggy's to explore the other daybooks


For Today...Monday, March 30




Outside my window...SUNNY skies, [a few minutes after I posted this, the skys clouded and rain began to pour as we ran outside to bring the clothes in!] cool morning ocean breeze blowing in to dry the clothes on the line and cooling the house



I am thinking...about my lack of discipline lately, especially in my prayer life. Katherine is finally sleeping well (after eight months of having to shush her during the night so we didn't wake anybody through the paper thin walls), so I'm sleeping better, too. I've got to reorganize my time spent talking with and listening to the Lord. As I'm beginning to put ideas into practice, I would love to hear how you pray for your friends and family: How do you organize your prayers? Do you have any favorite scriptures to pray?



From the learning rooms...finishing up the Civil War, more experiments with magnetism, Sarah - area of a triangle, writing a limerick, Benjamin - multiplying and dividing with sevens, writing a sensory poem, Olivia - adding & subtracting up to 20, antonyms, Katherine - games learning same/different, the composer Charles Ives, some active games for aerobic exercise this week, hymn study - "When I Survey the Wondrous Cross"



I am thankful for...friends and family back in the States who haven't forgotten about us




From the kitchen...baked gingerbread oatmeal for breakfast (a new recipe from a friend in PNG), friends coming over for tuna braid tonight before they fly back to Australia tomorrow



I am wearing...hot pink skirt with raised thread ovals (a truly tactile experience from a remnant found at Hancock's), white t-shirt, bare feet, hair in a French twist




I am reading..."To Train Up a Child" by Michael Pearl



I am hoping...that my friend Elizabeth has a great race next weekend in the Paris marathon (she trains by running from her room to the Eiffel Tower and back!)



I am creating...lessons plans to carry us through our time in the village



I am hearing...kids doing morning chores, scripture memory CD playing very slowly on our dying computer



Around the house...wet clothes still waiting for the sun to come out (baby tropical storms love to be born here!), since the sun has come out I can catch up on washing sheets




One of my favorite things...a well stocked and organized pantry




A few plans for the rest of the week...meet with the SITAG director, check boats and schedules to see what will meet our family's needs best, sort through a big stack of old piano music that a SITAG family is giving away, beginning to pack as we prepare to leave shortly after Easter




Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...







on my nightstand, my early birthday present, a beautifully woven tray with a cloth that Sarah hemmed and embroidered before we left the States, my old Bible held together with heavy-duty tape

1 comment:

Ruthanne said...

Oh, the Civil War is one of my favorite time periods to study about! So many great resources. I hope it's been a fun and enjoyable time of learning. :D