Monday, April 13, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook


Please, take a moment to visit the other daybooks from around the globe at Peggy's.

For Today...April 13, 2009


Outside my window...sunshine (and lots of it), a very turquoise ocean today


I am thinking...that I really want Sarah to take me up on my offer to teach her how to "snowflake stitch" on a scrap of red gingham


From the learning rooms...Sarah is studying ratios and the Venn Diagram, Benjamin is learning how to research a topic and multiplying/dividing by eight, Olivia is discovering mixed up stories to put in order and solid shapes, and Katherine loves "Put the Fish in the Boat" and "Where is the room" from "Slow and Steady Get Me Ready"; we are all enjoying painting in the style of Georgia O'Keeffe, stories of Thomas Edison, Henry Ford and mass production, figuring out electromagnetism, and new piano books for all

I am thankful for...the work of the Holy Spirit in my children's lives, convicting them quickly of sin and bringing them to repentence


From the kitchen...meatloaf, mashed kumara, green beans, papaya, and chewy brownie cookies for desert


I am wearing...navy blue flowery dress, a red flower that Sarah just stuck behind my ear, bare feet, and beads of sweat


I am reading...finishing up Elisabeth Elliot's "The Shaping of a Christian Family"


I am hoping...that I can scrub the red "Marks-a-Lot" permanent marker off of Katherine's face and hands, she was helping Daddy label boxes this morning

I am creating...a sense of routine in a very chaotic household


I am hearing...the munching of the kids as they eat their "rice crispie treats" for tea time, keys jangling outside as somebody gets into the office, ceiling fan whirring, the hum of boats in the harbor


Around the house...many, many boxes as we are in the home stretch of packing


One of my favorite things...the plea of "Read just one more chapter, Mama!"


A few plans for the rest of the week...loading the boat on Saturday, leaving early Sunday morning for Marulaon


Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...

6 comments:

Arin Rollins said...

That picture is adorable! It's like looking at twins! I love katherine's curly hair! :o)

The Hibbard Family said...

I absolutely LOVE the picture! And, I wish I could be a fly on the wall to watch you teach Katherine alongside the other kids. I struggle with that so much with Steven.

You are such a blessing, my friend! Love and miss you - and thanks for sharing these precious moments.

buff said...

like the picture, reminds me of my granddaughter who slept one night with me---this girl laughed herself to sleep practically, just a little bundle of laughter!!!!

Lisa said...

Too funny,
I clicked on the link that you posted on the Daybook page just because of the name celloduo.
I had to laugh when your Daybook popped up. I have no idea why I did not connect the two.
You left a comment a long time ago when a picture was posted of a boys cowboy boots and cello.
I am also the same person you left a comment to last week asking how I know Gayly.
I don't know her except in blog land, but I sure wish she was a friend in "real life"
I guess blogging will have to do for now and sister in Christ takes care of the rest.
Will you be able to post once you have moved?
Great picture and from the kitchen always sounds interesting at your house.
Praying for you this week and weekend!

Carpenters@JAARS said...

Hi Choates,

We love keeping up-to-date with all your doings and happenings. Noel FINALLY started his flying today - like falling off a bike (or was that riding a bike?), anyway, he hasn't forgotten how to fly and even did quite well!

Hoping you have a great and safe trip out to Marulaon.

love the Carpenters

Ruthanne said...

Aw, sunshine and blue ocean . . .