Sunday, December 6, 2009

Anniversary

Saturday, December 5
One year ago today, I limped off the plane at Henderson Field and went straight to the doctor for my cellulitis.  Our first year in the Solomon Islands has been amazing!  It doesn't feel like we've accomplished much, until I look back on how much more I know now than when I stepped off the plane.  My Solomon Island Pijin is much better than it was a year ago, and I'm beginning to understand more Lavukaleve.  I can now wield a bush knife to open a green coconut to drink or to plant umalau or to weed my yard.  Our family feels at home here, due largely to so many people around the world praying for us.  We've learned to slow down, be a little more flexible, and let God take the reins (and when I forget, I just look at the purple scar on my left leg).  Looking forward to learning the lessons of our second year here!

1 comment:

The dB family said...

Happy first anniversary! May the Lord continue to bless you work on the Islands!

Blessings!
Deborah