Monday, February 21, 2011

Honiara Woman's Daybook


For Today...Monday, February 21, President's Day


Outside my window...rain, sweet, cool rain!


I am thinking...how fast our time in Honiara has gone. We don't feel quite ready to head back to the village yet.


From the learning rooms...off this week. Next week, we'll begin Cores 6 and 1 in Marulaon.


I am thankful for...International Mother Language Day


From the kitchen...Sarah making a "Lincoln Log" to celebrate President's Day


I am wearing...my hair down for a change. It's cool enough - whoohoo!


I am reading...and trying to finish all of the books I've started during our last two months in Honiara


I am hoping...that our gardens and house in Marulaon have faired well in our absence

Pondering these words..."Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God." Ephesians 5:1-2 -- certainly a challenge for me as a wife and mother


I am hearing...rain, Sarah and Katherine in the kitchen, a cat mewing on the porch


Around the house...it's kinda quiet since Aaron took Benjamin and Olivia into town with him for some last minute shopping (including a new foam mattress!)


One of my favorite things...friends who are such servants and who making plans to come out to Marulaon and tackle some projects


A few plans for the rest of the week...finish the kids' school schedules for our three months in Marulaon, finish packing and taping boxes, picking up some friends from the airport


Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...Katherine building her "Letter I" ice cream cones

3 comments:

Nahna said...

Nahna and Papa really like the ice cream cones, Katherine. We love you all and miss you. Prayers for your trip and village stay.

Mom/Nahna and Dad/Papa

Abi's Blog said...

I wish Katherine could have been at our ice cream party last night - I'll try to post photos later. The ice cream activity looks like fun - I'll have to do this with Ethan - you realize that I copy you often, dear friend :)
Blessings,
Ava

The dB family said...

Every time I see photos of Katherine, I picture our wee Abby as a dark version of her. I'm not sure why...

Blessings!
Deborah