Sunday, July 10, 2011

Sweet Sabbath

"Let them give thanks to the Lord for his unfailing love and his wonderful deeds for men, for he satisfies the thirsty and fills the hungry with good things."  Psalm 107:8,9

Overwhelmed by His wonderful deeds:



-a little girl who loves to "sew" alongside her mama

-Handel's organ concerto in d minor, especially the adagio


 -a huge moth that decided to grace our porch for a while (the spoon is just for scale, we weren't planning moth sandwiches for lunch)

-my mama's birthday today


-trying new recipes

-Saturday morning Skype sessions with coffee cup close at hand


 -my new Kindle cover, made with love by a friend

-yummy apricot Scripture tea



-watching the smoke from the cooking fires (and being reminded of David Livingstone) as the sun sets over the Pacific Ocean

-earl grey soap


-ubiquitous hair rubber bands in the bathroom floor, because they mean I have three precious girls

-sous chefs who turn into head chefs and cook on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday nights, when I get to play sous chef

3 comments:

Kecia said...

The hair band made me smile--my 3 girls leave them everywhere, too. Thank you for turning them into a prompting to gratitude for me!

The dB family said...

Ah yes, the ubiquitous hair bands. I seem to find them everywhere -- not just in the bathroom. I am glad for them though.

These posts always bring me a sense of calm. The photo with the rising smoke reminds me so much of our mornings the first week in the Philippines. It was so beautiful there as it is in the SI!

Blessings!
Deborah

The Hibbard Family said...

Love the Kindle cover! And, I'm hoping to catch one of those precious Skype chats soon!! Love you, my friend!